299 Riverside Drive
New York NY 10012
State Senator Eric Schniederman
February 12, 2010.
Regarding New York State’s Utter Lack of Judicial Oversight
Dear Senator Schneiderman,
I am pleased to say that I will be moving into your district in the next month.
I am a founding member of an organization concerned about the widespread and unchecked corruption in the Judiciary branch of the New York State Government, and the total lack of oversight of judges and “officers of the court”.
You’re website states: "The Schneiderman bill includes stricter campaign finance rules and greater penalties for violations, increased disclosure of outside income for legislators, enhancements to the lobby law, strengthened legislative and executive oversight."
Conspicuously absent is any mention of the systemic corruption in the Judiciary branch, including illicit collusion of powerful lawyers and judges to subvert due process. We wonder if you are unaware of the scale of judicial corruption, or whether you are simply not eager to address it. We hope that your affiliations and those of your father with powerful lawfirms will not influence your assessment of this problem, and that your passion for integrity in two branches of government will apply to the third branch as well.
As you may know, New York State rules and laws regulating behavior of judges and lawyers are enforced by the divisional "Grievance Committees" the "Commission on Judicial Conduct" respectively. The corruption in both of these bodies, however, is absolute and flagrant. Complaints against lawyers with "connections" are brazenly whitewashed. Lawyers who act against the connected ones are often sanctioned or disbarred Likewise, the CJC dismisses complaints against judges without any investigation or explanation. Judges who dare to challenge the system are punished. To compound the problem, no attorney will touch cases of alleged corruption against crooked attorneys or judges. They know this means professional suicide.
The Public Resistance
There is a growing affiliation of victims of judicial corruption, and consequently of the Grievance Committees and the CJC. Our complaints against these agencies are not about unfavorable decisions, but about the flagrant subversion of due process. We have at least seven cases now pending in federal court, specifically against the grievance committees and the CJC with more being prepared. Members of this affiliation have been fighting this corruption by compiling evidence proving egregious abuses by judges and lawyers and the pattern of blatant corruption in the oversight committees. These include:
- Christine Anderson Esq: a six year veteran investigating attorney at the First Departmental Disciplinary Committee,: who was fired by Jonathan Lippman for whistle-bowing against systemic corruption at the DDC.
- The Honorable Duane Hart: an exemplary sitting Supreme Court Judge, who has suffered a campaign of harassment and retaliation by the CJC for standing by his principals. His Honor has stated on the record that the only lawyer he has known who is “sleazier” than the Chairman of the CJC is the Chief Counsel of the DDC.
- Gizella Weishauss: A survivor of Auschwitz, and the first complainant in the Holocaust restitution case against the Swiss banks. Removed from the case by her lawyer after she exposed graft and corruption by her lawyers, she was deprived of the restitution she sought for all victims. The New York DDC whitewashed her complaints against her lawyer even as he was disbarred in its counterpart in New Jersey.
-Louisa Esposito, a car accident victim who videotaped her lawyer Allen Isaac demanding oral sex in return for a “favorable outcome” based on his connections with the judges of the First Appellate Division Court. No criminal or disciplinary action has been taken against him.
-Numerous attorneys who have been disbarred, sanctioned and harassed for obeying their obligations to their clients and the rules of professional responsibility.
The June 8th Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing
On June 8th 2009, after years of pressure from concerned citizens, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing in Albany about the alleged abuses by the oversight committees. Most of the above victims testified at the hearing, which can be viewed in its entirety on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8OX8uuAbw
The September 24th Judiciary Committee Hearing
A second public hearing was held in Manhattan on September 24th, 2009. Despite it being held in the middle of a work day the hearing attracted over 200 people, far beyond the capacity of the hearing room. At this hearing Senator Eric Adams and Senator Bill Perkins called for a “Task Force” to be immediately convened to investigate and address the problem of insufficient oversight.
The illegal confirmation of Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman.
Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman is one of the worst perpetrators of judicial corruption in New York, and his ascension to the highest judgeship in New York State is a disaster for justice. There are at least seven federal corruption cases pending against Lippman in the Southern District and dozens more before the SJC and CJC.
On January 29th, 2009 Hearings were held to discuss the process for the section of nominees for Chief Judge. These hearings were a sham, and illegal in several respects.
The Senate Judiciary Committee (and every Senate Committee) has three duties:
- To announce and hold public hearings
- To investigate the testimony given at those hearings, and;
- To present the result of that investigation to the full Senate, so that they may vote with knowledge of the facts,
The Senate Judiciary Committee rode roughshod over all three mandates.
1) The Committee NEVER announced the hearings to the public. As a result, only three independent citizens attended the hearing after learning of it through a leak. In contrast, over one hundred friends and family of Lippman were personally invited to celebrate his confirmation and speak on his behalf. These guests included Robert Tembeckjian, CHAIRMAN OF THE COMMISSION ON JUDICIAL CONDUCT! This is wildly inappropriate, as Tembeckjian’s job is to watch the judge like a hawk, not to celebrate his ascension.
2) They Committee NEVER investigated the claims against Judge Lippman. These claims included election fraud through illicit favors to a member of the Nominating Committee, gross official misconduct and other complaint officially pending before Tembeckjian’s Commission on Judicial Commission. Tembeckjian should have stood up and stopped the proceeding until the complaints were resolved.
In fact there was not even time allotted for the investigation of the claims brought against Lippman. Had someone provided proof that Lippman had robbed a bank, there would have been no time scheduled to investigate, The vote was rushed directly from the Committee chamber to the full Senate with no consideration of the claims.
3) The Committee NEVER presented the allegations of criminal conduct and the pending, unresolved CJC complaints against Lippman to the full Senate, who voted while ignorant of these complaints.
Finally, there was neither a quorum of Senators present in the Judiciary Committee nor the full Senate sufficient to legally confirm Lippman. By New York State Law, Jonathan Lippman is not the Chief Judge of New York State, because he was not confirmed under State law. He is a usurper.
In recent weeks, evidence has emerged against Judge Lippman in regard to a $40 million dollar estate scam:
For more information on New York State Judicial Corruption, please see:
In light of the above, some of my colleagues and I are eager to have a meeting with you regarding this urgent matter.